mardi 4 mai 2010

Un Jour avec Ina Garten


Ina Garten, FoodNetwork chef and my idol hostess, bought an apartment in Paris around the time that she came out with her Parisian cookbook. Apparently she spent some time here throughout the year, and was even here in February! So I looked up some of her favorite places in Paris and followed a little Ina-inspired walking tour through Paris. (I was hoping she’d be wandering around Paris at the same time- but no such luck.)

I started on her street at the Sunday Organic Market at Metro Rennes (Boulevard Raspail between Chercher Midi and Rue de Rennes). She recommends visiting the pancake man and the American bakers for American treats.

I stopped and bought a slice of organic nut bread with whole figs. It was delicious! I also bought some handmade soaps for my boss, who only shops "bio".
Next, she says to stop by Polaine (8 rue Cherche-Midi), which is a famous boulangerie in Paris. It was closed because it was Sunday, but the neighborhood was so cute! I heard someone hosting a party through an open balcony window and I dreamed that it must be Ina’s apartment.

I visited her suggestions for gifts, dishware, and flowers.

Barthelemy (51 rue Grenelle)
Marianne Robic (39 rue de Babylone)
Muriel Grateau (37 rue de Beaune)

She also suggests going to Bon Marche (38 rue des Sevres). It’s the biggest home appliance store in Paris. I need to go back, because I hear that it’s incredible- think Williams and Sonoma + French style and Chef Central Sized. After walking for a while, I found a cute little private park and sat and read for a while in the sun. It was quite a lovely Sunday- Ina would approve.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire