vendredi 7 mai 2010

Chocolat: Michel Chaudun


I visited this tiny shop after my final presentation. I was already on cloud nine when I arrived to this Asian-inspired Chocolate shop. There were trinkets lined up all along the walls and it took me a minute to realize that they were all made out of chocolate! As instructed by the New York Times, I ordered a small box of 6 paves. The man pulled out a tiny gold box, wrapped it up, and sent me on my way with a smile. It was like receiving jewelry. Inside the box was 6 neatly packed dice-sized chocolates and a toothpick. The first one I poked and popped in my mouth and chewed it like fudge. It was good but there was something in the NYT article that I was supposed to remember about how to eat them. OH! You're supposed to let them melt on your tongue-

OOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGG. I don't even think that this was really chocolate!! Can chocolate just disappear on your tongue and infuse your entire month with a silky, rich flavor like this? It was magical chocolate. Amazing, delicious magical chocolate. AND it was so magical because I managed only eat the 2 and then I SAVED the rest for later! I've never done that with chocolate before. Then I SHARED some with my friend! And now I'm sitting here blogging with the last 2 sitting in the box next to me. I'm saving them, for what? I have no idea. The right chocolate moment?!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire