vendredi 7 mai 2010

Cocktail Adieu

C'est le fin. The four months are winding down, wrapping up and I'm caught somewhere in the midst of it all. I stuck with this pit in my stomach of all the different directions that I'm longing to go and all the places I have been.

Wednesday: Last day at my internship. I exchanged gifts with my boss and said goodbye to the office. She gave me this French hair oil, which I have no idea how to use but I'm hoping that it works it's French miracles on my- now very long- hair. Then I headed home for the last supper with my host mom. I bought her some craft materials, her favorite hobby, and we had a long dinner together.

Thursday: Presentation and Report in the early afternoon, which I was strangely calm about. The presentation was a fumbling mess of French, as expected, and my question-and-answer period turned into a hearty french debate- between the teachers. I snuck out of there and took Paris by storm. It was beautiful and sunny so I walked around and stopped at a chocolate shop (See: Michel Claudon) and had lunch in Rose Bakery. Then I met up with a friend to walk around the Marais and pick up salted caramels by Jacques Genin. At 6 we headed to our cocktail party at school. All of the teachers, host families, and students were invited. The had a comedian who taught us all "how to become Parisian". It's amazing all of the little stereotypes and "trucs" as they say that you learn about Parisians. Some are true of any city, but others are uniquely Parisian. After the cocktail adieu party at school, we stopped by the "Crepe Man" for a final Nutella-Banane. This man is the funniest toothless Parisian in France. He always says American phrases and asks us to teach him our Boston accents. He also has the amazing talent of turning out 4 crepes with only 2 pans. We headed off to our own soiree at our favorite local bar as well. We pretty much packed the place with BU kids, but managed to meet some official Parisians.

Friday (Today): Stopping by an art exhibit, two chocolate shops (my final 2 on the NYT list) and out to a French dinner by the Eiffel Tower. Au Revoir Paris!!

Saturday (Tomorrow): I'm heading off the airport- assuming that I actually fit time in to pack... but honestly, as imagine myself on the runway, I will be equally happy to fly home, fly off the Spain for vacation or hear news of another volcano and get stranded in Paris for a week. It's really quite a predicament, three amazing destinations. However if all goes according to plan: I will be flying to Barcelona for 4 days, taking a train to Madrid for 2 and flying from Madrid-Paris to Paris-New York on Friday, May 14th.

A plus!! Bisou!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire