vendredi 26 février 2010

Musee Graduit


On the first Sunday of every month, all/most museums in Paris are free. Although most are free or have reduced tickets for students, I seized my first sunday here to explore a free museum visit. I was on my way to Musee du Cluny when I walked past the Musee des Arts et Metiers. It caught my eye because there was a TGV train car outside. It wasn't the type of museum that I would ever visit, it had inventions and cars and mostly technology pieces. But, it was free so I went inside. Garrett (or any little boy for that matter) would have loved it. They had pretty much every invention through out time. Each display started with the original and took you up the the present: bikes, telescopes, televisions, radios, robots, tools, etc. The architectural models were really cool too. Then the museum opened up into an old renovated church; however, they had stripped the old stone church and built a display of old cars. You had to climb a ladder and a platform to reach the top. On the ceiling, they had an old wooden airplane suspended. It was the coolest church/museum that I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I won't be in Paris for another free museum day until May- so I'll have to explore a few on that Sunday.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire